- 2010. Master’s level in the area of editing and language assesment in Catalan for the media (previously known as level K) from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (completed, but still pending the delivery of the final work leading to formal Master’s credentials)
- 2002. A Graduate Diploma in Computer Assisted Translation from the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- June 2002. License No. 587 giving the right to work as an English-Catalan and Catalan-English sworn translator. The license was granted by the Department of Language Policy of the Catalonia General Government
- 2001. A Degree in Translation and Interpretation from the University of Vic
- (November 2008). An advanced course in Spanish proofreading organized by TRIAC (currently known as APTIC)
- (July 2005). Proofreading course organized by ASETRAD and taught in Spanish by Prof. José Martínez de Sousa at the University Pompeu Fabra
- (February-May 2003). Course in revision and proofreading in Catalan at the Rosa Sensat Center of Barcelona
- (1998-2000). Completed German I and II courses at the School of Languages of the University of Vic
- (June 1997). First English Certificate awarded by the University of Cambridge
Freelance translator since 2004.
Throughout all these years, I have gained experience working with public and private companies in the area of translation.
I have worked in a wide range of texts, from the most general ones to the most technical and specialized ones, in the following areas:
- Law and Economics: office documents, financial statements, etc.
- Engineering: project the automatic closing of platforms in metro of Barcelona, electronic devices user manuals,fitness machinery, etc.
- Automotive: Spanish - Catalan translation of the BMW brouchures
- Advertising: Catalan translation of documents for Telefónica
- Localization of web sites (Paradores, Cajamar, etc.)
- Audiovisual: documentaries and role-plays
- Marketing: press releases FCC, SENER, etc.
- Transcript: lectures and speeches for ”la Caixa” and Diputació de Barcelona
For an extended version of my CV, please click here.